You may from time to time be requested to supply personal data to Wallem Group Limited (“Wallem”) in connection with the provision of information. Wallem respects the privacy of your personal data. The purposes for which any personal data provided by you to Wallem that may be used, may comprise all or any one or more of the following purposes:
- The provision of information;
- Carrying out instructions given by you or on your behalf or responding to any enquiry from you;
- Providing any services, whether those services are conducted by Wallem or by a third party;
- Collection of amounts outstanding from you;
- Designing further products and services and marketing existing and future products or services provided by Wallem;
- Forming part of the records held by Wallem in relation to its business;
- Observing any legal, governmental or regulatory requirements of Hong Kong or other relevant jurisdictions including any disclosure or notification requirements to which Wallem or other users are subject;
- Purposes relating thereto.
Data held by Wallem relating to you will be kept confidential but Wallem may provide your personal data to the following parties whether or not they are in Hong Kong for the purposes set out in paragraphs (1) to (8) inclusive above:
- Any companies which are the ultimate holding companies of Wallem and / or any subsidiaries or affiliates thereof including any offices or branches of any of the aforesaid or any entities (whether or not corporate) owned wholly or partly by any of the aforesaid and the staffs or directors of all such parties (“the Group”);
- Any actual or proposed assignee of Wallem or participant or sub-participant or transferee of Wallem’s rights;
- Any agent, contractor, professional adviser or third party service provider who provides financial, administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, debt collection, professional or other services to Wallem or the Group in connection with the operation of Wallem’s business;
- Where information is collected by Wallem as agent of any other person (any reference to a person herein shall include an entity whether incorporated or incorporated) or for forwarding to or otherwise for the purpose of making any application or request to any other person for any facility or service, to such persons who may not be in Hong Kong and may not be subject to the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”) and not restricted in the use of the personal data;
- Any financial institution with which you have or propose to have dealings;
- Where any entity acts as attorney for you to any person with whom it may deal as your attorney;
- Statutory, governmental or regulatory bodies or institutions as required by law or regulations applicable to Wallem;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Wallem which has undertaken to keep such information confidential.
Where agreements or other documents made between Wallem and you contain confidentiality provisions or other limitations on personal data or part thereof being disclosed to any person or if any law or regulation requires that personal data is held confidentially, nothing in this notice supersedes the same.
Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, you have the right:
- To check whether Wallem holds personal data about you and to have access to such data;
- To require Wallem to correct any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate;
- To ascertain Wallem’s policies and practices in relation to personal data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by Wallem.
If you exercise your right mentioned in items 1-3 above, you will be required to complete and furnish a Data Access Request Form. According to Section 20(3)(e) of the Ordinance, a data access request may be refused if it is not made in the specified form. Copies of the specified form and explanatory pamphlet are available for collection at the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data of Hong Kong and any District Office of Hong Kong. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Wallem may charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
If you wish to request access to or correction of data in accordance with the Ordinance, you should contact Wallem at 9th Floor Dorset House, Taikoo Place, 979 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong, marked for the attention of the CEO.
Wallem and its representatives may contact you with information about other services provided by Wallem or other members of the Group. If you do not wish to receive such information, please write to advise us by email at email@example.com and, without charge to you, the personal data will cease to be used by Wallem for such purposes.