To ensure nominated vessels are Maintained & Operated in line with Statutory Instruments, Company Policy & Safety Management System, Industry Best Practice & Vessel Owners Requirements.
- To act as the single point of accountability, monitoring all onboard activities and providing Technical & Operational Guidance and Support to the Master & crew of nominated vessels as required.
- To ensure Safety & Environmental Compliance with respect to Statutory Regulations, Company Policy & Safety Management System, Industry Best Practice and owner’s requirements are given the highest priority by both the shore and vessels staff.
- To closely monitor and support all operations onboard nominated vessels, providing assurance that they are undertaken in full Compliance with Statutory Regulations, Company Policy & Safety Management System, Industry Best Practice and owner’s requirements, whilst meeting efficiency & economic expectations.
- Responsible for all budgetary expenditure on nominated vessels, providing timely reports & analysis to Fleet Manager(s) and Owner(s) as required.
- Acting as Client/Owners point of contact ensuring the highest level of customer Service & Satisfaction are maintained whilst also protecting the Wallem brand and our employees from risk.
- Provide Direction, Coaching, Guidance, Mentoring and Evaluation of senior sea staff to ensure that all operations are carried out safely & successfully whilst also enabling senior sea staff with their individual career progression & development
- Monitoring and maintaining a thorough knowledge of current Technical Superintendents Work Instructions which may be subject to review and revision from time to time, whilst completing all Tasks detailed in the Technical Superintendents Work Instructions for nominated vessels
- Act as part of the Shore-based Emergency Response team as required.
- Complete any additional Tasks as reasonably requested by the Fleet Manager.
Qualification, skills & competencies
- Demonstrate Safety & Compliance based approach to Technical Operations
- Ability to communicate at a good level in both Spoken & Written English and Mandarin.
- Ideally have a minimum of 2 years sailing experience in a Senior position onboard or similar Senior Engineering position within the Marine Industry.
- Ability to formulate and comprehend official correspondence relating to Technical matters.
- Ability to provide leadership, guidance and effective delegation in all situations.
- Ability to provide clear & concise instructions as part of Command & Control duties within the Casualty Response Team.
- Ability to analyze developing situations and make the appropriate notifications to Senior Management & Owners/Charters/3rd parties as required.
- Ability to demonstrate a good standard of computer literacy.
- Ability to produce professional reports. Can demonstrate knowledge of computerized planned maintenance systems used in the Marine Industry.
Wallem offers competitive remuneration to suitable candidates, including 5 days work, medical, life, dental and maternity insurance, 10% MPF employer contribution, performance bonus,etc. If you have initiative, self-motivation, adaptability and a willingness to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you. Please email us in strict confidence, attaching your resume, expected salary and complete contact details at email@example.com
(Personal data collected will be kept under strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.)