Arranges and administers the correct, timely and economical supply of vessel related goods and services to specified ships to keep vessel operating costs at optimal level.
- Manages the purchasing process according to established procedures and policies, including proper documentation and solicitation of competitive quotations for goods and services from approved suppliers.
- Monitors and handles the supply and delivery process of duly approved purchases to vessels.
- Liaises closely with Technical Executives for optimum supply chain operation in accordance with the ships’ needs
- Liaises with Data Entry Clerk to generate purchase requisitions within the procurement system
- Updates and distributes supply status report to vessel and superintendents on a monthly basis
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification, skills & competencies
- Form 7 or above
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Purchaser/Technical Assistant in a ship Technical/ Operations department, or in technical / industrial purchase.
- Well organized and attentive to details
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Proficiency in MS Office and email applications
Wallem offers competitive remuneration and benefits including 5 days work, medical, life, dental & maternity insurance, 10% MPF employer contribution, performance bonus, etc. We strongly encourage the growth of our people and support professional development including, but not limited to subsidising exam fees, exam leave and relevant professional memberships as appropriate.
If you have initiative, self-motivation, adaptability and a willingness to learn and grow, we would love to hear from you. Please email us in strict confidence, attaching your resume, expected salary and complete contact details at email@example.com.
(Personal data collected will be kept under strict confidence and will be used for recruitment purposes only.)